The Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary was established in 1939 by Arthur D. Norcross. Its present area includes thousands of acres of wooded hills, ponds, and streams. It is maintained by the Norcross Wildlife Foundation, Inc. whose purpose is the conservation of wildlife and the active practice of conservation for the benefit of the public. This includes the propagation of native plants, the preservation of birds and wildlife, and the conservation of land and water.
At the heart of the Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary is a 75-acre parcel with public walking trails. Ranging from high and dry sites, to swamps, and rich woodlands; the public area is welcoming, beautiful, and above all valuable wildlife habitat chock full of both common and rare native species. Most of those species planted at NWS are grown on-site in our greenhouse and stock beds before being moved to permanent places.